Saturday, September 8, 2012

Even Triathletes Need a Labor Day



Lets start this off by saying I love hiking 14'ers. I've done a total of ten different peaks before this mountain and have summited 14 times (some of them multiple times). But with triathlon training I don't get much time or lead way to partake in these adventures. That's because they can be very strenuous and leave me pretty sore afterwards, mostly from the downhill hiking and the toll it takes on the legs. So I was ecstatic to be able to do Mt. Huron this year on Labor day. I've been having some running injuries and couldn't even run on Sunday, but I could hike! I headed up the night before and slept in the back of my new Toyota. Getting to the trailhead was interesting and nerve racking. I have a new vehicle and this was the first time I took it on a 4-wheel drive road and over creek crossings. Here's some pictures from my excursion. 

My "camping" spot

Views from the camping spot

More views 
The trail up, right before tree line

Almost to the top, about 30 more minutes of hiking

Views from the top of Mt. Huron

Looking to the East from Mt. Huron

My 11th summit



No comments:

Post a Comment